Tuesday, July 20, 2010

To Run or Not to Run

I can't decide if I am a glutton for punishment or not.

My work is going to participate in the Dirty Dash on September 25. It sounds like a fun run. You basically run...in mud and through obstacle courses.

Here's the catch though. It's a 10k aka a 6.2 mile run. What! A 10k...who me? The girl who thinks running is a form of torture and whose husband can run in circles around her? I dunno though, it sounds a lot more fun then running a normal 10k. And it gives me an excuse to get into shape.

Plus I can have 4 teammates...we just have to all cross the finish line. I'll probably be the one to cause my team to get a DNF...aka Do Not Finish. Yikes! Anyways, what do you guys think...

To run or not to run?
That is the question.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I did a 5K on my mission. I basically walked it. It didn't take very long. So, if you get tired partway through you can walk it and still finish.

Virginia said...

I say you should do it! How often do you get to run in mud?

Travis & Christine Fitz said...

Are you kidding?!?! That sounds ridiculously fun! If you get tired and need a pick-me-up, it might be worth it to trip people "on accident".

John said...

I say...RUN! If you need any extra motivation shoot me an email.

john@thedirtydash.com

Angie Peterson said...

I say, run and then walk if you get really tired. If you get hot, you can roll in the mud. I hear it works for pigs :)