Thursday, December 9, 2010

Couch Presents

Ryan was studying on the couch next to me when I heard a clunk and a "That was my last pen!" Confused I looked over at him.

"Do you have another pen?" he asked.

"No, you stole the last one out of my purse on Sunday."

"Oh."

A couple hours later, I was doing my makeup on the couch. I accidentally dropped my mascara into the crack. Aw man! I made the foot rest come out thinking it sunk to the very bottom. Instead of my mascara, I saw 3 pens! I pulled them out and put them on the couch next to Ryan.

"My pens!" he exclaimed happily.

I then dug on the side of the couch trying to find my makeup. Instead I encountered something big and hard. "What in the world?" I thought to myself as I yanked it out. Behold, a calculator!

"Yes! My calculator! Are the batteries down there too?"

"How do you lose a calculator in a couch?" All I got was a shrug.

I finally found my mascara and promised myself I would investigate the couch soon. You never know what kind of potential Christmas presents could be down there.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

You should definitely investigate further! There might be MONEY down there!

Angie Peterson said...

Our couches like to eat cell phones and remotes. Sometimes even children: more than once the younger two have gotten their legs stuck.