Thursday, February 21, 2013

Soggy Bottom

A couple weeks ago, I had a really busy day. Ryan was gone all day, and I had all sorts of errands that needed to be completed. Needless to say, that night I was completely and utterly tired. Luckily all I had left to do that night was to give Jackson a bath, a bottle, and put him to bed. Then I could relax.

Whenever I turn the bathtub on, Jackson does one of two things. He crawls as fast as he can towards the bathroom in excitement OR he crawls as fast as he can away. He thinks it's funny when I have to chase after him.

That night it was the latter.

I cornered the little stinker and brought him to the bathroom where he was promptly derobed and plunked in the warm bath water.

Usually, Jackson immediately reaches for his toys and splashes around, but tonight was a little different. I was tired, so it took a couple seconds for me to realize that Jackson was just sitting there giving me a confused, slightly unsure look.

"Why aren't you playing Jackson?"

He hesitantly looked around for his toys, but kept glancing back at me.

"Your toys are over there. You can play with them."

He started to reach for his rubber ducky, but again stopped short. His big brown eyes just staring at me.

That's when I realized--I forgot to take off his diaper!

The poor boy was waist deep in bathwater and his diaper was a big, puffed up ball of sog.

I immediately took off the soaked diaper. Jackson smiled in relief and gave me a look as if to say "Silly Mom!" I smiled back sheepishly,

He then decided it was finally safe to play with his toys.

Action shot!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Haha! I wish I could've seen his face. I've done that before, too.

Virginia said...

All moms do that once in awhile! What a cute picture!!!

Elycia said...

Lol love it. Chip sticks Taylor in with his socks on all the time, but we have yet to leave a diaper on. Just a matter of time, maybe :P

Diana said...

Hahahaha I love it! So so funny!