Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Official.

I have decided that I am officially nocturnal.

The other night I tried to go to bed relatively early, 1 o'clock am, and I could not sleep. I tossed and turned for about two hours when I finally decided to give up. I went into the living room, got myself a nice big glass of apple juice, and read my book until Ryan woke up at 5 o'clock (when I usually come home from work) and found me reading. I finally fell asleep at 6.

Last night, I came home from work at 1, only to play Yahtzee with Ryan until 5 in the morning. Oh dear. (It was really fun though...)

When I told Ryan that he needed to get more sleep and that I was worried about him getting sick, he replied, "But I don't have a mom here to tell me to go to bed!"

That's when I threatened to tattle and tell his mom that she needs to call and remind Ryan to go to bed every night when I'm at the hospital. He then politely reminded me that his phone was dead, so that probably wasn't going to work.

So trust me when I say that working graveyards three times a week really messes up your sleep schedule!

Someday I need to get myself and my poor husband (who has 8 am classes three days a week!) back on normal human sleeping time again. However, if anyone wants to join us, we will be playing Yahtzee into the wee hours of the morning until that time comes.

1 comment:

Travis & Christine Fitz said...

we like yahtzee! we play it with a little twist where you fill in 3 columns at a time and the total of the second column gets multiplied by 2 and the total of the 3rd column gets multiplied by 3 so then at the end you have a really big total. it makes it a little more interesting because you don't know who's going to win in the end.