Sunday, November 22, 2009

Not Quite What I Was Hoping For

Today was a momentous day. I went to a BYU football game.

We bought these tickets way back in August for Ryan's birthday, and I have had it in my schedule book ever since. The big day finally arrived, and I was a frozen icicle.

It was my fault really. When Ryan left for work this morning, he sternly lectured me on wearing warm clothes. He said, "When you think you have dressed warm, put more on. Trust me. I don't want you to be cold."

Dress warm. Okay. I can do that. I put on leggings, jeans, a sweater, hoodie, gloves, and scarf. I even brought another hoodie for good luck.

When I met up with Ryan, he took one look at me and said, "You're from Georgia, aren't you?"

So we went to the game (a little late because of Ryan's work), climbed up a million stairs to the nose bleed section, and watched the game. Actually half the time I watched the other team's mascot. He was really bad. He laid like a dead bird on the grass most of the time. I could've done better then him. He actually was really jealous when he saw that Cosmo had his own show. Then Cosmo ran out and started doing flips and arials and the bird plopped back down on the grass dejected. What a party pooper.

Football games are actually pretty fun. Ryan got a foot-long donut (Correction: Ryan just corrected me and said it was 3 feet long). And the guy next to us ate a hotdog that dripped everywhere. Of couse it was perfectly acceptable to spill mustard on the floor. Only in football. :)

During one of the contests, Sierra West Jewelers hid 250 cubic zirconiums under 250 seats. Everyone was reaching under their bleacher seat hoping to be among the lucky 250. I reached my gloved hand under my seat, and I felt it, the cubic zirconium. I got really excited and pulled it out. Behold!....an old hardened piece of chewing gum? Gross. I was so disappointed and grossed out. Ryan thought it was hilarious. Wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but it was pretty funny. I must admit it was a good ploy to clean up the old gum under the bleachers. At least I was wearing gloves.

BYU ended up winning 38-21. Ryan told me I must be a good luck charm because everytime I go to a game, BYU wins. Even if BYU isn't playing. Just kidding.

The football game was actually pretty fun, and I'm glad I went. Cold, but fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read this again. It was pretty funny to see you pull that piece of gum from under the seat. You were so excited. Paige was looking for a CZ the next game, but she wasn't as lucky as you.

Marvin Tedjamulia said...

nice blog Julie . you must spend lots of time on this.