Monday, November 1, 2010

Boo!

No trick or treaters this year. But that didn't stop us from celebrating the spookiest holiday of the year!

This year Ryan and I had not one, but two Halloween costumes. (It may have been due to the fact that Ryan was a little embarrassed about our first costume choice.) Our Halloween costumes must fit two different criteria... they have to be homemade, and we have to have thought of it and put it together in under an hour.

As difficult as that sounds, here is what we came up with.

We went to our ward trunk or treat party and we decided to be....*drum roll please*

 Feeling a little nostalgic for Christmas

Robot Box

We also went to a family Halloween party. To spare Ryan from having to go in a red sparkly box with a bow (which he got stuck in), we decided on something a little more manly.
 Zombies! This was after the party so our zombie-ness kind of wore off.

What was kitty you ask?


Catzilla!

Also, Halloween wouldn't be complete without some pumpkin carvings!! Ryan taught me how to use pumpkin stencils. It takes quite a bit of hand muscles let me tell you what. It was quite the work out. Next time you see me, remind me to show you my buff hand muscles.

Ryan did the 2 on the left. One without a stencil and one with. Mine is on the right.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

AWESOME PUMPKINS! I totally agreed that carving pumpkins is a major hand workout! I also liked your present costume idea! Looks like you had a great Halloween!

Randi said...

YAY, Julie!!! I can check out your blog, now! Very cute and very cute costumes, too. Also, WAY impressed with your pumpkins. We went real low-key with ours this year...prob cuz we let the kids do their own. Haha! Let me know if you want an invite to our blog.

Angie Peterson said...

Aha! I figured out how to comment on your post: I had to temporarily disable my internet filter because it blocks me from commenting on yours and Eric's blogs. Anyhow...GREAT frankenstein pumpkin. Love it!