Friday, December 23, 2011

Coin Stephens?

The other day, I went to pick up a prescription at Walgreen's for Jackson. It was almost midnight, and there were lots of sick/injured/prescription picker-uppers waiting "patiently". Everyone and their winter sicknesses. Anyways, there was only two guys working that night, scurrying to fill prescriptions, man the drive-thru, answer phones, and wait on the customers in the pharmacy line. Needless to say, they were a bit frazzled.

When it was finally my turn, things didn't go quite as smoothly as I expected.

J: I'm here to pick up a prescription for my son, Jackson Stephens.

PM (Pharmacy Man): (Looking through some medicine)Hmmm...(couldn't find it, started typing in computer for several LONG seconds, looking confused). What's his date of birth?

J: 11/6/11...and that's Stephens with a P-H.

PM: (Several more awkwardly silent seconds staring at the computer.)

J: My doctor should have called the precription in.

PM: (Calls fellow coworker over to help)

More waiting...finally I see them putting together the prescription. As PM was about to hand over the medicine...

PM: Coin Stephens, right?

J: What?

PM: It's for Coin Stephens?

J: Jackson Stephens...

PM: Oh...is his middle name Coin?

J: No. It's Ryan.

PM: Really?...Are you sure his name isn't Coin?

I found this situation somewhat humorous. I think I know my own child's name. I mean I named him myself.

After about 10 more minutes and several attempts to convince PM that Coin was not my son's name, they straightened everything out, and I left with the correct medicine. That was a close one. I almost got a prescription for a mysterious Coin Stephens with the same birthday as Jackson's.

(And I'm about 99.9% sure I named my son Jackson!)

3 comments:

Angie Peterson said...

Coin? Interesting. I prefer Jackson...

Angie Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I saw little Coin Stephens today. He was sure a cutie! He isn't sure why his Mom keeps calling him Jackson, though.