Thursday, January 26, 2012

Favorite Moments of the Day

#1: I woke up this morning wondering why Jackson hadn't woken up yet. That's when I heard these little coos coming from his room. I walked in to find him staring up at the ceiling talking to it. I'm not sure how long he had been doing that for, but it was one of the cutest things ever.

#2: We took Jackson to the ER to visit some of my coworkers. The only time we could go was around his naptime, so I was worried he would be tired and grumpy. When we took him out of the car, he was already sleeping, but soon woke up to the bright lights. He did pretty good with the first couple people and even smiled once or twice. However, he was able to draw a crowd. There was probably 5 or 6 people surrounding him. He was a little overwhelmed at all these new faces. One of my coworkers exclaimed, "He is the cutest baby I've ever seen! Can I take him home and keep him?!" Right at that moment he stuck out his bottom lip, scrunched up his face, and started to cry--the saddest baby face I've ever seen! Perfect timing and oh so funny!

#3: We went to Sonic during Happy Hour to get 1/2 priced slushies. 2 slushies for a little over $1 sounds like a good treat to me! We went through the drive-thru and when I went to hand the Sonic lady my debit card, I accidentally dropped it on the ground! Ryan went to go pick it up, but discovered the car was too close to the wall to get out. I had to pull the car forward, stop, have Ryan get out and get the card, hand it to the drive-thru lady, reverse (yes, the person behind me saw...as did the other 3 cars!), and wait to get our drinks. This did not faze the Sonic lady at all. She didn't even say anything. I hope this means that things like this happen often. The best part about the whole thing? It was raining.

#4: Ryan has been doing really good at exercising every day. He usually goes to the clubhouse gym, but today, it got a little too late to go. He decided to pop in one of my pilates cardio videos. While he was doing it, I was feeding the baby and trying to put him to sleep. I know, not the best environment for sleep, but it was fun! During the warm up/stretching portion of the video, Jackson was pretty much sleep eating. His eyes were closed and he was reflexively eating. However, when Ryan got to the cardio part, I looked down and Jackson was wide awake smiling. He was watching his daddy do pilates and thought it was so funny! He watched him for the whole 30 minutes with a huge smile on his face!

(Ryan read this post and said, "What no pictures?!" So here are some pictures as of late)

The little rascal

"Dino Mite!"

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Love the picture with the hood!

Unknown said...

What a lovely post of day-to-day happiness!

Angie Peterson said...

Sounds like you had a really good day

Travis & Christine Fitz said...

Oh my gosh Jackson is such a little stud! He'll be a heartbreaker! Love the Sonic story!!