Saturday, March 24, 2012

I am old and Other Such Ramblings

I am old.

It's weird, when I was little, I used to think 12 year olds were old.
And then I thought 16 was sooo far away.
Missionaries were always ancient.
College was in the future.
I would get married...some day.
Being a mom? You have to be old and responsible to do that.

Now I think 12/16 year old and missionaries look like babies.
I am a married college graduate.
And I have a baby boy.

Where did the time go?

Now that I am so old and mature...(and naturally Ryan is as well. I mean, he IS a year and a half older than me.) we get to make adult decisions, like where we are going to move this summer! Yes we have options. It's nice to have options sometimes, but it makes it that much harder to decide.

Did you know Ryan got into 9 different law schools. That is a lot. We could move to Florida, Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, Washington, Oregon, Georgia, Texas, etc. We have pretty much narrowed it down to 2 different states.

Washington or Georgia.

So the real questions are:

Bugs or Rain?
Hot humidity or cloudy skies?
Chick-Fil-A or...Starbucks?
East or West?
Democrats or Republicans?
Vampires or hill billies?

As you can see, we are taking this really seriously. I read Twilight. Those vamps in Seattle are ruthless. Ryan is probably rolling his eyes at me right now. He thinks I am crazy. I am. (Only at 1 in the morning though.)

6 comments:

Travis & Christine Fitz said...

SERIOUSLY. I totally agree with your perspective on the different ages! And now I'm old and responsible too =( and can I say that I loved how you are making your decision to move? Vampires are definitely something to consider.

Diana said...

Holy cow! Well if you didn't marry such a genius the decision wouldn't be so hard. ;) 9 schools? That's amazing! That really is a hard choice. I am really excited for you! If you ever need a break from the cloudy skies or humidity, you are always welcome to enjoy some wind and horrible winters with us in Casper. :)

Lisa said...

I think you should add Texas to your top choices. But, those other two sound good, too. By the way, you are not old. Because if you were, that would make me old.

Angie Peterson said...

Hey if you are old, what does that make ME? And I for sure would go with Hillbillies over Vampires. Closer to the Peterson clan :)

Michelle and Cisco said...

That is so fun!! I am in the process of researching Physical Therapy schools and it is such a headache! what a dream to have 9 different places to choose from! Way to go Ryan. I miss you more than you know!! I vote Washington because it is a lot closer than Georgia... (And Cisco wants to go to Washington for PT school one day).

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

GEORGIA, even though I am biased towards Washington. I just know I visited the South this last summer and LOVED it. Everything you told me about the east coast was true and I love it so much. Anyway. Pray about it and you will make the right choice, Bukki!