Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Late Night Football Snack

We don't have cable tv here in our new condo. It hasn't been that big of deal because Ryan and I just watch shows on Hulu. However, the one thing that is hard on Ryan is not being able to watch college football. Lucky for him (and unlucky for me errr just kidding, Ryan!), our condo community has a club house with a theater room and free HD DirecTv. Ryan was practically drooling the first time he turned on the TV.

So lately, Ryan has been going downstairs to watch his weekly BYU football game until 2 in the morning. It's hard to live on the east coast sometimes.

One day, Ryan, Jackson and I went down there to walk around a little and get some fresh air. We walked past the advertisement table and Ryan picked up a flier that had some kind of teddy graham shaped cookies attached to it.

"What is this?" he asked me.

I looked closer and saw that the ad was for a local dog grooming pet spa. It also had little doggy prints on it for decoration.

"I'm pretty sure they're dog treats."

"That's what I thought! They tasted gross and stale!"

"You tried them!?"

Apparently when Ryan was watching football, he had gotten hungry sometime between 10 pm to 2 am and found a bag of teddy grahams on the table. It was dark, so he couldn't see the little doggy prints on the advertisement. He opened the bag and ate a cookie or two. After coming to the conclusion that they tasted stale, he tried another bag with no luck.

He hadn't realized they were dog food until the morning.

I, of course, think this is hilarious as I picture Ryan snacking on dog treats in the middle of the night. I think it's safe to say that doggy treats are not a good midnight football snack.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Totally reminds me of Scooby Doo and Scooby Snacks. Of course, those were supposed to be good. Poor Ryan! Maybe next time he'll have to take a snack with him.

Shauna Stephens said...

I am currently sitting in my car in a parking lot crying tears because I am laughing so hard after reading this. The poor lady staring at me isn't sure if I need help or not. But seriously Ryan back away from the dog treats !

Diana said...

Hahahahaha that's awesome!