Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Confessions of a Recovering Chocoholic

FALSE!

Ha, just kidding. I'm not really a recovering chocoholic, but that would be a cool story.

TRUTH!

Due to my fun stomach problems, I was forced to give up chocolate. In October, we made yummy, yummy s'mores with ooey gooey, sweet, delectable, delicious, drool-worthy chocolate.


Why is it in the bathtub you ask? Because it was Kid's Day. That's why.

I paid for the s'mores indulgence for about a week. I was in bed swearing I would never eat chocolate again. And I haven't. I admit to eating an occasional nibble here and there (probably only 3 times) from Jackson's chocolatey treats, but overall, I have held firm.

I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, MY BIRTHDAY without chocolate.(RIP my beloved Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Oh how I miss thee.)

But by far, the hardest holiday to not eat chocolate is EASTER. CURSE YOU CADBURY FOR HAVING SUCH DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE EGGS.

Jackson was snacking on one today, and I'm pretty sure I was watching him with drool trickling down my chin.

Can. Not. Wait. For Chocolate. Season. To. Be. Over.

The End.

On a side note: Is it sad that I have referenced these delectable eggs every year since this blog has been born? Probably.

I hope you all have a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Sorry, Julie! We'll try not to give Jackson any more yummy Cadbury eggs!!

Lisa said...

Poor You! I can't imagine giving up chocolate for so long. The thought makes me want to run over and eat a handful of chocolate chips. I totally feel for you!

Unknown said...

Oh geez! I am so happy the only thing I've really had to give up with my stomach is overeating! Chocolate would be tough :( The starburst jelly beans are my favorite part of Easter candy, though!!