Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Last 3 Months

Well, time to dust of this 'ol blog here. It's intimidating writing again after a 3 month hiatus. Here is what happened in a nutshell.

October: We went to the BYU vs UCF football game in Orlando! It was a blast. Ryan really wanted to go and made an agreement with me that we could go to Harry Potter World and Disneyworld too. Of course I said yes! Ryan loved the football game (even though we lost), I loved Harry Potter World, and Jackson loved Disney...so much in fact that he asks on a daily basis to go back, and I kinda want to indulge him. Oh, if only I had a few thousand dollars lying around....Halloween was pretty chill. We stayed in and carved pumpkins and made pizza. I also happened to lock the keys in the car earlier that day, so we had to go pick it up. We almost got hit by a wrong way driver on the freeway, and then on the way home it rained so hard I could hardly see. It was pretty much torture. But as you can see, we are alive and well. Oh, and we found out we were pregnant on Halloween!



November: We took a road trip to Nowheresville, TN, I mean Murfreesboro, TN to go to the Middle Tennessee vs BYU football game. We won this time! GO TEAM. We saw a lot of Georgia friends there, and it was freezing. During that trip, I had to go to the ER--my first time as a patient there. Wahoo. On the way back, we made a pitstop at the Chattanooga aquarium (or as Jackson likes to call it, the "water zoo"). Jackson turned 3! He had a Winnie the Pooh birthday party. He is getting so big and sweet. Love that little boy! Thanksgiving I was sick as I was well into my first trimester. My mom was very gracious, and made Thanksgiving dinner pretty much by herself.







December: Ryan studied a ton this month, and I mean a ton. I was sick, and our house was dirty, and Jackson spent a lot of time on the computer and Kindle. Whoops. Then 3 of my siblings came for Christmas, and it was a party and a half at my parents house. 21 people under one roof! It was eventful. 3 urgent care visits, 2 ER visits, and 1 visit from the fire department (turns out my parents heater was bad, so we lived for a couple weeks with space heaters. Brrr). Jackson had a blast playing with cousins. Ryan and I got really sick on Christmas Eve (c'mon! I was sick on Christmas last year! There should be a rule about not getting sick 2 Christmas' in a row). We played a lot, and Ryan applied for a bunch of jobs.



January: Much to Jackson's dismay, all of his cousins left. Ryan started his last semester of law school, and I feel like a human again. I just got released from YW's, and am now the primary pianist. I'm actually pretty happy about this! I was starting to get worn out from YW's and with primary, I don't have to do much preparation. *Phew*. Unfortunately, Jackson is not a fan of Sunbeams. He misses his toys. He also started preschool back up and as of right now, there are 2 other little girls, so instead of 5 kids like last semester, we are down to 3. Jackson prefers the smaller group.

Well, that's what we've been up to. I really want to blog more in depth about a couple of things, so I have made myself a checklist, and will hopefully get around to blogging more. I'm sure you are all dying to know:

A little more about our Orlando trip
A little about 3 year old Jackson
A little about the baby growing in my belly
and what I think about the newest Hunger Games Movie. (Just kidding. But I did love it)

Until then, hope you have a great day, week, and month! (Depending on when I write again...)

2 comments:

Diana said...

I am so glad to hear these updates! It kind of sounds like they all need to be elaborated. ;) What did you have to go to the ER for? What were all the urgent care and ER visits around Christmas? Exciting that Ryan is applying for jobs. You are almost done!!! And CONGRATULATIONS on the baby! I am so excited for you guys!

Julie said...

Haha, yes. I was a bit vague. I had to go to the ER because I had a really bad UTI. The on call doctor thought it was smart to go in because I was having a lot of abdominal pain and they were afraid it was an ectopic pregnancy. Well, turns out it was too early to see the baby and they said my HCG levels were lower than they should be. It made me so paranoid, but everything turned out okay! The ER and urgent care visits were my nieces and nephew. Two had ear infections, one had bronchitis, and another dislocated her elbow jumping off a slide. Whoops. Never a dull moment with kids!