Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bit by a Bug

This weekend Ryan and I were bitten by the decorating bug.
(Well, maybe it was just me, and Ryan was humoring me...)

I have been wanting curtains for a long time, so at 2:30 am we went to Walmart and bought these:



I think they are pretty cute. Ryan thinks they look Asian.
Sometimes these curtains have a tendency to look a little pink, but I still like them. I think Ryan secretly likes them too.

While we were at it, we changed some lightbulbs, hung the clock and our wedding picture.
One day we will put batteries in our clock, but until then it is always 4:35.


We had quite the adventure putting the curtains up. Our window is really long, so our curtain rod didn't extend far enough. We ended up breaking hangers and using electrical tape to create our own faux curtain rod to go in the middle. You can't tell and it works out pretty good! We were proud of ourselves.

We are not done decorating yet, but at least our apartment looks more homey! Now we are trying to train Lily that she's not allowed to jump up the curtains like she does with the shower curtain.
Luckily she hasn't figured it out yet!

2 comments:

Ryan Stephens said...

haha, i think it was more like 3 am.

Virginia said...

Pretty curtains!! I bet your apartments looks really nice.