Saturday, March 6, 2010

Love Was In the Air

I realized that I never wrote about our Valentine's Day! It was "love"ly.

Ryan and I celebrated by going to a BYU basketball game! Ryan bought me Dippin Dots, (yummm) and he got a cougar tail. We won (of course), and it took us a half hour to get home due to game traffic (which is always fun). (Do you like my side comments?)

We exchanged gifts and my wonderful husband got me a headband and flowers. I got Ryan shoes. (Ryan likes his shoes).

For dinner we went to Chef's Table, which is a really nice, romantic restaurant. The food was delicious and the fake piano player's music (the piano played by itself, but someone was pretending to play, what a job!) was nice. Our seat overlooked Provo. It was funny because despite the romantic atmosphere, the couples around us were extremely weird. This girl beside us kept kicking her date and we decided that she was going to break up with him that night, the guy behind us was MIA half the date (probably had a 2nd date on the other side of the restaurant), and the couple on the other side of us was talking about kidneys the size of oranges and ordering made up drinks. Really we were the only normal ones...maybe.


One thing I did learn that night was that pink lemonade is the same thing as strawberry lemonade.

Ryan had ordered "pink" lemonade. When the waiter asked if we wanted a refill, he asked if we wanted to try a new flavor. He started listing them off, "Kiwi, lime, pineapple, raspberry, strawberry..."

Mmmm...strawberry. That sounds good.

Me (mouthing to Ryan): Strawberry!

Ryan: I think we'll stick with strawberry.

What!! Stick with??
What a surprise! Makes sense I guess. Strawberry...pink...

We then ended the date by sharing a cupcake at the cupcake shop, where the worker complimented my headband and asked me where I got it. Ryan was beaming!


I love Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

1) I LOVE your bangs in that picture with you holdin flowers
2) I would be the best at that one job--pretending to play piano
3) I didn't know pink lemonade was the same as Strawberry...