Friday, May 28, 2010

Rollerskates and a Dollar


Ryan and I have found a new love



Really. We have become obsessed with this place. I'm not sure how our obsession started--maybe it was the old style drive-in vintage feel. Could it have been the roller skates that the employees are required to wear? Or maybe it's the dollar menu...All I know is that we love the $1 slushies. Ryan has tried an assortment of flavors: lime, cherry, watermelon, strawberry. And who can forget the strawberry cream slushes? Yum. It's a great cheap treat that may have replaced our gourmet cupcake addiction.

And today for my break from work, I branched out and got real food. Chicken tenders and fries, and it came with country gravy. Delicious.

But really, who can knock watching employees in skates balance trays of food and slushes, dodging kids, while you're making bets if anything is going to fall or not?
"That fry is definetly a goner."
Who needs TV these days?

ALSO
 Sonic isn't the only restaurant I've fallen in love with lately.

I have been complaining to Ryan lately about how Utah doesn't really have good Mexican food.
And then I made a new discovery.
Joe Vera's
My new favorite Mexican restaurant in Utah.
I wish I could go there again, but unfortunetly it doesn't have a dollar menu (or skates)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

we love sonic! we have this special Route 44 sticker that allows you to get a route 44 for like $1!!! We love getting the strawberry limeade. You should see if they offer the stickers cause they did when we were in Idaho too!

Also, we like the $1 menu! The chicken strip sandwich is actually really good and clark enjoys the frito wrap!

Angie Peterson said...

I've taken the kids there twice in the past few months and they LOVE it! I especially love their Happy Hour between 2-4 pm when you can get slushes half off: can't beat a 50 cent drink like THAT!

Paige said...

i agree, sonic slushes are pretty amazing! of course ryan would like them though, he was the one who ate 7 slushies at the cannon every time haha