Monday, May 24, 2010

A Simple Solution

Summer is lost. I don't know where it went, but I think I am going to find it.

This morning I woke up to Ryan screaming, "What the HECK!" quite loudly. I sat straight up, my mind racing with all the possibilities that could warrant such a reaction. Maybe Lily got into the food cabinet, and there was strewn chips all over the place...or did he see a giant spider. Maybe all the lightbulbs exploded simultaneously. That's a good guess. But no. It was worse. He came running in and said two words that made me burrow deeper into my mass of warm, toasty blankets.

"It snowed!"

Really? On May 24th? Really?

He then proceeded to pull the blinds to show me. Really.
Sure enough there was white fluffy stuff stuck on cars, sidewalks, grass.

Where is my warm summer? The one where I can go to the pool, take a walk outside without a coat, eat snow cones and otter pops? I think I am going to find it.

A simple summer solution: Crank up the heat to 80 degrees, fill the tub with water, get out my dusty swimsuit, lather on the sun tan lotion, and read a good book as I sip on a smoothie and pet my cat in my makeshift paradise. Oh, and the sand? I should probably leave the kitty litter out of this.

1 comment:

Angie Peterson said...

What's an otter pop? And I couldn't believe it when I heard it snowed there today. Wild!