Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One Stressed out Cat

Right now I am lying on the floor in my spare room hiding because the furnance maintenance guy is here. Ryan is out in the hallway supervising.

Now, I know what you're thinking. How the heck am I laying on this floor? Isn't there stuff piled everywhere? Well friends, for the majority of the day I have been cleaning my home! Fun! The landlord called us yesterday and said that the furnance guy was coming....and so was he. I took one look at our tornado-destructed home and knew it was time to play the clean up game. And let me tell you, there is a BIG difference between cleaning and unpacking. For instance, instead of unpacking the boxes, we organized the boxes. And instead of hanging our clothes up, most were stuffed into bins. Poor Lily has been stressed out, trying not to be accidently closed up in a bin, smashed by a box, or washed with the rest of the laundry. Now that it's calmed down a bit, she is lying next to me taking a much needed cat nap.

And guess what?! We talked to our home teachers and one of them has a friend who has a truck we can borrow! Operation Move the Rest of Our Stuff will occur on THURSDAY. I am really excited and can't wait to have more than a bed and a rug to sit on. And we'll finally have places to put all of our stuff!

I must admit, though, I am a bit sad because I keep think of how easy it would be to move out if we just kept all of our stuff in boxes and lived like scrap rats...

Hmmmm....

Good thing we're humans!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

YEA!!! I'm so glad you guys are finally going to have a nice home to relax in. Feel free to drop off some boxes when you pick up your stuff.

Angie Peterson said...

Hope the move goes well today! Hopefully you guys can stay put for awhile and not move your stuff all over Utah anymore.