Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Bad Case of Insomnia

I am sitting on my bed with a sleeping Ryan next to me and a sleeping kitty on the floor. I am exhausted, but I can't seem to fall asleep!

Maybe it's because I have invited 5 strangers to my home today. Before you start thinking about how hospitable I am, I will tell you that it is for my own benefit. Yesterday I posted a KSL and Craigslist ad to sell our housing contract. Not even 5 minutes after I posted the first one, I got a call from a girl asking if she could see it. I never knew I had such good persuasive ad-writing skills! She asked if she could come see the apartment right at that moment. I had worked a graveyard the night before and my husband had stayed up two days straight. I looked down at my pajamas and messed up hair. I then looked around at my pretty messy house.

"Umm...how about in an hour?"

Ryan, who had just walked into the front door and didn't know I was posting ads for our home, raised one eyebrow.

I hung up and went into a frenzy! "Pick up everything you can and throw it in white trash bags. We'll hide them in the car!"

Ryan then very intelligently stated, "Even if we lit a match and burned everything, it would take longer than an hour."

That's when I knew he was right. We called and rescheduled for the next day. After that, we got a call or text every hour for the next 7 hours.

All I have to say is hopefully one of these 5 visitors will work out. If not, at least we have a very clean house and a very tired Julie.

2 comments:

Michelle and Cisco said...

ummm... so where are you moving? Are you going to come live by me and cisco?? please oh please?? yay. we can be cute neighbors.

Lisa said...

Did you find our sheet when you were cleaning?