Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bored? Want to write a Sister Missionary?

My best friend, Jennifer Mack, went into the MTC yesterday. She arrived Tuesday morning, so we got to spend a little over 24 hours together before she reported. We had a lot of fun running around getting her last minute sister missionary things, hanging out, and dancing to the Spirit of God, one of the catchiest hymns out there.

Well, the day she went into the MTC, the weather decided to play a cruel joke on us. It snowed...the day before April. Isn't it supposed to be springtime? Sister Mack was not happy. She didn't think to bring anything warm in April. Being the good friend that I am, I took her to the mall. We headed to Macy's and found her a nice, sister missionary approved sweater jacket. It was difficult to find since just about everything was short sleeved and spring-y. Luckily, I have eagle eyes.

When Jennifer purchased her jacket, the lady, like every other sales woman, asked if we were interested in a Macys reward card.

Jennifer responded, "Actually, I am reporting to the MTC in a couple hours, so I probably wouldn't put it to good use."

Sales lady: "How nice. Are you a missionary?" (This is when Jennifer and I looked at eachother, both thinking the same thing. Maybe this lady was a bit slow...)

Jennifer: Yes actually I am.

Sales lady: "Well you get the missionary discount!"

**Jennifer does her happy missionary dance**

Jennifer: Wow, I should have bought all my clothes here in Utah instead of Georgia!"

Sales lady (astonished): "You mean...they don't have discounts for missionaries in Georgia?"

No. We probably would have been charged more. LDS missionaries are not the most loved people where we're from. We had a good laugh about that.

All in all, it was fun to have the opportunity to spend a little time with Sister Mack before she left. I know she'll be a good missionary!

Isn't that jacket snazzy?

If you're interested in writing Sister Mack while she's gone, her addresses are as follows:

MTC address for 3 weeks:
Sister Jennifer Marene Mack
MTC Mailbox # 168
NV-LVW 0419
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793


Mission home address in Nevada:

Sister Jennifer M. Mack
Nevada Las Vegas West Mission
4455 Allen Ln Ste 140
North Las Vegas, NV 89021-2229

Candy, cookies, letters, and pictures are much appreciated.
As is missionary discounts.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Good! I wrote her a letter yesterday and I didn't have her address! Thanks Julie!

Angie Peterson said...

I'll have to have the kids draw her pretty pictures. Glad you two had fun!

jdog said...

Hello,

I have a brother named Elder Burton in the West Vegas Mission. Also, the reason why I stumbled upon this site was I'm looking for sister missionary clothes for my mission! I just got called to serve in Phoenix, AZ I report August 4th.

It's such a small world.

- Jesilyn Burton

Candace said...

Yay for cute missionary clothing! I actually started a store for all those shopping outside of Utah- Sorella Bella is the only online sister missionary store. Check it out at:
http://www.sistermissionaryclothes.com/presta/prestashop