Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Contrary to popular belief, this is not an Infomercial

Tonight Ryan and I decided to try out the One-ingredient icecream: Bananas. We were a bit skeptical, magically turn bananas into icecream? We should turn straw into gold while we're at it!

So we bravely froze our sliced, nearly brown bananas, stuck them in the food processor,


and whirrrrrrr!

And...it actually worked!



My creation



Ryan's masterpiece

To tell you the truth, it really did taste like icecream, the consistency and all! I was surprised!

Okay, I know what all of you are thinking, banana icecream? Blech! But actually, this icecream is different than the sickly sweet, sugary store bought icecream. It is just like...well, a banana. No extra sugar, nothing. I liked it. And the chocolate syrup helped too.

Ryan even liked it. He said and I quote, "Besides the chocolate syrup, this icecream probably isn't that bad for you. It's pretty good!"

That's the thing, it's not bad, its just banana! Yum. So if you are looking for a healthy, sweet snack, this one works great!

I dare all you skeptics out there to try this out.
(And if you don't have a food processor, I heard you can use a blender.)

1 comment:

Eric said...

Shantell and I made the banana "Icecream" also. It was pretty good... but I thought it definitely needed some sort of topping (I used caramel). Shantell thought it was really good plain.