Sunday, October 11, 2015

I'm Pregnant! And We Moved!

I'm pregnant! Well, I was....3 months ago. I haven't updated this blog for awhile obviously.

Ryan and I found out we were pregnant last Halloween! Can't believe it's already been a year! This pregnancy was very different than my pregnancy with Jackson. I was less nauseous, had no leg cramps (Hallelujah!), and did not feel as connected to the baby (people tell me it's because I already had one kid).

I was blessed to have a fairly easy pregnancy. I remember with Jackson, I swore right and left that he was going to be an only child because pregnancy was so difficult. Then again, I was horribly sick the first few months and then big as a barn in my last trimester and still had to work full time. Jackson WAS 9 lb 11 oz.

I knew this one was a boy before we had the ultrasound too. Or maybe it was just a lucky guess. After we found out this baby was a HE, we went and celebrated with smoothies. Yummy.


When I was about 6 months pregnant, Ryan found out he got a job in SLC, UT. When I found out, I cried and cried...like I couldn't stop crying for hours. I was so sad. It's good he got a job, but I was pregnant and 1. I had hormones and 2. I was counting on my mom to help me figure out being a mom of two. When we had Jackson, we lived in Provo, and I felt so alone and isolated. Those were hard months, and I didn't want a repeat of that. Ryan accepted the job, and I prayed that everything woul work out.

Soon after, Ryan graduated from law school. Smarty pants....



And then I had to move when I was 7 and a half months pregnant. Not the most ideal situation, but it had to be done. I wore myself out moving and was slightly terrified that I was going to have a baby on the airplane (hey, it happens!). I had a slight de ja vu moment when Ryan, Lily, and his dad drove across country, while Jackson and I flew. Didn't we just do this 3 years ago?

We finally got all moved and settled in. It took us awhile to adjust to our new home. We were pretty spoiled in Georgia. Jackson was very emotional for awhile, but he is much better now. He still talks about how much he misses Georgia though. Luckily, he has some nice cousins here in Utah to play with, and we manage to stay busy.



  

  

 





Next up on the blog...Carter's birth story.

No comments: