Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Barbeque Mishap

Today Ryan and I were ready to barbecue. We had our chicken marinated, hamburgers ready, barbecue clothes on...but we had one "small" problem. We inherited a small barbecue grill that has been passed around our family. It's a cute little thing, but I had no idea how to use it, so I put Ryan in charge of cooking the meat. He took the grill outside to get 'er ready, but came back in a couple minutes later with some bad news.

"The entire inside of the grill is full of beehives."

I didn't see that one coming. Not wanting to share our food with the bees, we went to our backup plan. Our mini Geoge Foreman grill. This manly grill is able to cook one hamburger at a time. Patience is a virtue.

Our barbecue didn't go quite as planned, but it still was delicious. Especially since there was no sign of bees or hives, just happy tummies.


Finally a picture of Ryan! He usually doesn't approve of me putting pictures up of him, but I told him if I didn't put an occasional picture or two of him that people would start to think I'm narcissistic.

And just because here is a close up of some of the food.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

That food looks good. And I think it's CRAZY that the grill was full of beehives!

Virginia said...

Were there any bees in there?