Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Dreaded Memorial Day

Today I had to work 12 hours on Memorial Day. It was a day I dreaded and whined to Ryan about for days...weeks maybe. My thought process when I chose to work this shift was as follows:

1. I get paid time and a half
2. Ryan has the next day off of school as well.
3. I am crazy.

I heard rumors from fellow co-workers about how crazy, busy, and full of ambulances Memorial days usually are. I was not excited. I told Ryan he could not by any means have fun while I was at work. (Just kidding.)

Anyways, working Memorial Day wasn't half bad. I think the rain discouraged people from doing fun, dangerous, bound-to-end-up-in-the-ER type of things. I survived!

After a long day at work, Ryan took me to the grocery store so we could buy food to barbeque tomorrow. We are going to have our own Memorial Day, one day late.

And then when I finally walked through the front door, I saw that he had cleaned the house while I was at work. (Something that needed to be done desperately). What a kind, considerate man I have. It's times like this I realize I am one lucky girl! (Even if I have to work Memorial Day. :P)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Having your own memorial day sounds fun. Especially since it was raining on the real one. Barbequing is hard to do in the rain.

Virginia said...

I'm glad you survived! At least you got more money by working on a holiday!