Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hot and Cold

Ryan is currently sick with a bad cold. He is stuffy headed, feverish, and can be found hacking up a lung. A sick man combined with a pregnant woman does not make a good combination.

Today when he picked me up from work, I got into the 80 degree car.

"Agh!" I exclaimed, yanking off my jacket, "It's so hot in here!"

I changed the temperature in the car to 70 degrees.

"It's cold in here!" Ryan groaned, grabbing my discarded jacket.

"I guess we can turn on the heat and open the window..." I said compromisingly.

Ryan decided to suffer instead.

When we got home, Ryan went straight to the thermostat. "It's 69 degrees in here. It's freezing!"

Julie: Nooo! It's so HOT! Don't touch that!
Ryan: But it's cold!
Julie: Put on more clothes! And get a blanket!

I'm not a very nice pregnant lady. I did offer to make him soup though. Poor sick Ryan. I am happy to report that he is now nice and toasty with his hoodie and blanket.

Other news: I am officially in my second trimester! Woohoo! Today we saw Baby moving around, and he even covered his face with his arm. We also saw the beating heart, which was a relief. Right when the ultrasound picture showed up, I could tell the baby was a lot bigger than at 9 weeks. It's amazing how fast they grow! He is the size of a lemon.

Oh, and I got bangs. They are fun. And sometimes make my face hot.

3 Months
(My hair looks better in real life)

And just because, here is a pic of my new skirt!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Funny story! I like your bangs. You're wearing the same shoes in both pictures!

Angie Peterson said...

Poor Ryan! I hope he feels better soon. And you look cute with bangs! Glad the baby is good. Too bad it was too early to tell what the baby is...

Virginia said...

I hope Ryan is feeling better by now. Daddy and I have the same hot/cold problem except I'm not sick and he's not pregnant!!

Michelle and Cisco said...

umm hello my stylish friend!! Look at you in your skinny jeans with your ballet flats and bangs!! I love it. You are adorable. You are so stinking cute and i miss you more and more every time i read your blog.

And you are pregnant. That is so crazy i am so happy for you!