Friday, May 13, 2011

Sleepy Blogging

Why is it that I can be so tired, but it still takes me hours to go to bed at night? Does that happen to you guys?

For example, I worked a day shift today, and I have been dying of exhaustion. I promised myself I would go to bed early tonight. Got off work at 7...ate dinner, watched tv, browsed facebook/blogs, and before I know it's 11 pm! I can't even use Ryan as an excuse--he pulled an all-nighter last night and has been snoozing in bed since we got home.

This is my go-to-list of excuses why it is not bed time yet:

1. It's hard to fall asleep these days.
2. The couch is way too comfy
3. I have gotten my 5th wind.
4. I have not updated my blog for awhile
5. Just one more chapter in my book (over and over again...those stinkin' cliff hangers get me every time!)
6. I think I am getting hungry.

And so on.

First step to a bad habit is admitting you have a problem.

Okay.

*Ahem*

I, Julie Stephens, will admit that I am falling asleep typing this, and probably won't go to sleep for another hour when I am too tired to get ready for bed...

but...

I think I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Go to bed!

Virginia said...

The same thing happens to me. I always blame Daddy, but when he's not around or already asleep, I still stay up late! Maybe it's genetic...