Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Cheese Monster!

So a lot has happened recently! Some good things, some...not so good (like being flooded out of our house, geez). But that's life! Tonight I tried to make some chile con queso dip that I found in this recipe book, and it was...drum roll please...soooo GROSS! Now before you say anything, I know what you're thinking. I really am a good cook. I promise! It was the recipe's fault (maybe). It was way too sweet and had that velveeta cheese taste times 2,945,809,476,026. Ryan, who is a sweet husband and will normally eat whatever I cook (even if it's gross), couldn't even handle this one. Now that is scary. So what did I do? I tossed the recipe...and the cheese monster. I think I'm going to have nightmares about it now. But on a more positive note, at least it looked good! See!

Work is going well. I work at the ER as a registrar and secretary. In fact, last night I actually did a graveyard. It was an exciting way to spend the last hour of my Labor Day. The most exciting part of the night was around 2:30 in the morning when we had a patient leave without permission that most of the nurses, techs, and even security guards had to chase after in the parking lot because he was legally not allowed to leave. I bet the people in the parking lot were afraid to get treated after that.

Mom: "Man, that security guard just tackled that poor guy! I wonder what he did!"
Sister: "I don't know, maybe he, like, asked to go to the bathroom."
Sick Girl: "....I think I'm feeling better now."

That's probably why we weren't too busy that night. Word got around that we have weird forms of treatment. Poor guy.

Overall, working at the hospital has been pretty educational and not boring at all.

Anyways, I better go do something productive now, like clean up the kitchen or find better queso dip recipes. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Michelle and Cisco said...

I like this post. It made me smile. We always had cooking adventures. Like melting spatulas into the chocolate sauce and making our corn taste like metal. Oh how i miss sharing a kitchen with you and Allison. I still laugh when i remember how Allison smoked us out of our apartment with her hamburger.

Julie said...

Hahaha, I forgot about the smoke out! That was funny!! Good times, good times.