Thursday, April 21, 2011

Not an April Fools Joke

Ryan and I like to think we are funny on occasion. So when I found out I was pregnant, I told Ryan we should tell our family on April Fool's Day. Great idea, right? I was really excited.

Out of my siblings:

Sibling #1:I got home from work 1 am on April Fool's Day. My brother and sister-in-law live in Washington, so it was exactly midnight for them. I got on facebook and sent him a facebook chat message. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: So guess what??
Brother: What?
Me: Ryan and I are pregnant!
Brother: Haha, I don't believe you.
Me: What! Why not!
Brother: Because if it were real, you would've called.

Then I called him. And spent the next 30 minutes trying to convince them that I was really telling the truth. He then asked why we waited till April Fool's Day to tell everyone. Just thought it would be funny...I even sent him pictures to prove I was telling the truth. He then said that he would only believe me if I called April 2 at 12:01 and told them I was pregnant. He then went on to say if I really was pregnant, they would write a song for the baby about how they didn't believe. I am looking forward to that song.

Sibling #2: My sister believed me right off the bat, until I mentioned it was April Fool's Day. And then she was like, "I'm confused! Oh well! I'll believe you until you tell me it's a joke!"

Sibling #3: My other sister already knew.

Sibling #4: On my other brother I tried a new tactic. I called him on the phone and said, "Guess what! I'm NOT pregnant! April Fool's!

Brother: Haha, very funny
*Pause*
Me: No, I said I'm NOT pregnant.....April Fool's
Brother: Wait, what?
Me: I really am pregnant!

Took a second.

As for Ryan's siblings--his sister didn't even question it at all. His brother on the other hand was not sure what to believe! He had to call Ryan's parents to confirm. His mom pretended not to know anything about it at first, and then took pity and confirmed the non April Fool's joke.

So all in all, I have decided boys are just more suspicious than girls and that telling people you are pregnant on April Fool's Day is just way too much fun.


My "Official" One Month Picture
(Not much to see!)